We work in a range of ways to seek to promote reforms in regulation and regulatory practices. We write reports for international organisations such as the Alliance for Financial Inclusion, an association of the central banks of some 100 of the poorer nations; GIZ, the German development agency; or the Asian Development Bank. We write reports for more domestic organisations such as CPA Australia or the European Banking Institute. And we make submissions to government enquiries.
Details of all these efforts appear below.
- AN Didenko, ‘Australia Needs a Better Model for Its Enhanced Fintech Sandbox’ (Submission to the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre, 28 June 2021) 1–11.
- M Parasol, ‘Avoiding the Wholesale De-banking of Australian Cryptocurrency Exchanges’ (Submission to the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre, June 2021) 1–14.
- DW Arner, RP Buckley, DA Zetzsche, EK Selga and R Consiglio, ‘Innovative Regulatory Approaches Toolkit’ (Toolkit for the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI), March 2021) 1–45.
- RP Buckley, E Avgouleas and DW Arner, ‘Three Decades of International Financial Crises: What Have We Learned and What Still Needs to be Done’ (ADB Economics Working Paper Series No. 615, June 2020) 1–42.
- DA Zetzsche, DW Arner, RP Buckley and A Kaiser-Yücel, ‘Fintech Toolkit: Smart Regulatory and Market Approaches to Financial Technology Innovation’ (Report, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, 1 April 2020) 1–61.
- AN Didenko and RP Buckley, ‘A Comparative Analysis of Policy Approaches to Encourage FinTech’ (Report for CPA Australia, 2020) 1–50.
- DW Arner, RP Buckley, DA Zetzsche, B Zhao, AN Didenko, C-Y Park and E Pashoska, ‘Distributed Ledger Technology and Digital Assets: Policy and Regulatory Challenges in Asia’ (Report, Asian Development Bank, June 2019) 1–50.
- DA Zetzsche, DW Arner, RP Buckley and R Weber, ‘The Future of Data-Driven Finance and RegTech: Lessons from EU Big Bang II’ (Paper for the European Banking Institute, February 2019) 1–51.
- DW Arner, RP Buckley and DA Zetzsche, ‘FinTech for Financial Inclusion: A Framework for Digital Financial Transformation’ (Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) and G-24 Special Report, September 2018) 1–28.
- K Kemp, AN Didenko, L Malady and RP Buckley, ‘Submission on the APRA Discussion Paper on Licensing: A Phased Approach to Authorising New Entrants to the Banking Industry’ (Response to APRA’s consultation paper on phased approach to bank licensing, 30 November 2017) 1–12.